Charity registered in Scotland SC036721
The Junction is an award-winning, safe, confidential service offering health and wellbeing education, support and information to young people aged 12-21 primarily in North East Edinburgh.
The Junction – Young People, Health & Wellbeing is a multi award-winning organisation established in 2005 that provides a range of health and wellbeing services for young people. You can find out more about our services at the-junction.org.
We are looking for an experienced Project Worker, who can manage this hybrid role of delivering our One to One and Open Access services, as well as taking lead responsibility for the following exciting new opportunity supported by The Listening Fund.
The Young People's Voice Project Worker will be responsible for strengthening and deepening our established methods of listening to young people and involving them in our work. We hope the work will:
· enhance partnerships with relevant organisations and groups of young people
· explore the possibility of increased connections in the future between The Junction Youth Advisors and our Board of Trustees
· support young people in contributing to The Junction’s commitment to sharing our learning and influencing practice
· strengthen partnerships with local schools using Youth Advisors' knowledge and relationships
· embed quality listening in the more informal Junction services, replicating the quality experience of formal services
· create sustained avenues for capturing non service users' voices
The successful candidate must be able to work two evenings a week, one of which must be a Thursday.